Re: Re: After Demo Dust Settles

From: Michael Cule <mikec_at_...>
Date: Wed, 31 May 2000 22:57:09 +0100

>This brings up an interesting point that doesn't sit well with me. I
>agree that this is a correct interpretation of the rules, but it
>means that a healer with a self defense of 19 is more combat ready
>than a thane with a close combat of 18.

Except she can't hurt anybody...

All right, next confusing question. We have a Healer with a Self Defense skill. We have a nasty evil Badguy with a spear who attacks the Healer and her friends. They engage in an Extended Contest. At the end the Healer has won. How has she triumphed over the Badguy? Since the Badguy isn't actually hurt at all at the end of the contest can he go off and attack the Healer's friends despite being 'defeated'?

--
Michael Cule