Re: Secrets

From: David Cake <dave_at_...>
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2006 15:42:56 +0800

At 7:05 PM +0000 2/1/06, Benedict Adamson wrote:
>David Dunham wrote:
>> I just calculated that my character needs 100 HP
>> More likely 66 sessions, given
>> our typical HP availability
>> So I was wondering: does anyone have a game where a character has
>> actually learned a Secret?
>
>A long time ago I posted the same question. I have never seen a claim
>that a PC learned the cult secret in a campaign for which they started
>at 'normal' power levels.
>
>The context of my original question was that I asserted that the Cult
>Secret rules were broken to the point of useless and that they had
>probably never been play tested.

        A big problem with the Secret rules is that many of them are implemented as Mystic Strikes. Rules that are known to be rather broken.

        A Secret that is implemented in game terms as a Strike is almost certainly not worth the effort.

        This isn't a general criticism of Secrets, of course, but it does make secrets problematic on the whole.

	Cheers
		David