RE: Wind Child religion

From: Andrew Solovay <asolovay_at_...>
Date: Sun, 15 Jan 2006 23:20:02 -0800

> The entry for Wind Children in Anaxial's Roster says that
> they worship Orlanth and Valind as brothers of Kolat. But,
> Orlanth and Valind are deities. In game terms, does this
> mean that Wind Children practice misapplied worship (which to
> me seems unlikely) or that some Wind Children are theists
> (which I suppose is possible)...

Or it could be that Wind Children practice a mixed religion, mainly animistic but with some theistic elements (such as sacrificial worship of Orlanth and Valind). As I understand it, most religions are mixed and concentration is rare and somewhat aberrant.

And given that most religions are mixed, misapplied worship is also not that unlikely. In game terms, there is no penalty for misapplied worship unless you concentrate--and concentration is rare. For a typical Praxian, the "spirits" you get from Sword Man (misapplied worship of Humakt) are no harder to use than the spirits you get from Eiritha or Waha. It's only those freaks who concentrate who find the Sword Man "spirits" so hard to work with--and even *they* are no worse off than if they hadn't concentrated at all.