RE: Re: Wind Child religion

From: Andrew Solovay <asolovay_at_...>
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2006 09:45:57 -0800

David thusly:

> Hmm. I always play the elder races as closer to their gods
> than humans (per an older source that I can't remember off
> the top of my
> head) and thus not likely to engage in misapplied worship.
> Except for rootless elves, broken dwarves, etc. However,
> both responses seemed to accept it as a given. Hmm again.

Well, another approach is to say that the Wind Children practice some other form of worship which (to human eyes) looks a great deal like animism, but is really something else--and in that odd, peculiar form of worship, Orlanth and Kolat are worshipped the same way and equally easily.

Cf. the Aldryami, who, if you ask them, aren't worshipping gods or spirits at all--rather, they are participating in Great Songs (Aldrya, Halamalo, etc.) which ignorant humans *think* are gods and spirits.

But that suggestion may put us firmly in YGMVland.