Re: Re: After Demo Dust Settles

From: Michael W. Ryan <mryan_at_...>
Date: Wed, 31 May 2000 18:04:19 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 31 May 2000, Michael Cule wrote:

> Except she can't hurt anybody...
>
> All right, next confusing question. We have a Healer with a Self Defense
> skill. We have a nasty evil Badguy with a spear who attacks the Healer
> and her friends. They engage in an Extended Contest. At the end the
> Healer has won. How has she triumphed over the Badguy? Since the Badguy
> isn't actually hurt at all at the end of the contest can he go off and
> attack the Healer's friends despite being 'defeated'?

It depends on the Healer. The one in my situation was a devotee of Bevara, and Bevara doesn't have any issues with her worshippers dealing out the odd, necessary butt-whooping.

I described Glorhilla from the demo kit to someone as "take a combat medic, add weapon, remove Hippocratic Oath." By the way, the Orlanthi demo group was a trip. :)

Michael W. Ryan, MCP, MCT     | OTAKON 2000
mryan_at_...              | Convention of Otaku Generation
http://www.netaxs.com/~mryan/ | http://www.otakon.com/

No, I don't hear voices in my head;
I'm the one that tells the voices in your head what to say.