Re: Practice Heroquests

From: Gianfranco Geroldi <giangero_at_...>
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2006 13:44:57 -0000

> ISTR that the Arming of Orlanth gives something like a +10 to
combat. How
> would you run this in a session? A simple contest piety/myths vs
20 for the
> quest and the level of victory giving the final combat bonus
(Complete = +10)?

> Gavian

Thunder Rebels, I think, details the Arming of Orlanth.

IMO: a ritual is a long spell; opposition is impersonal and the target number is calculated accordingly to the amount of results you are aiming at; it is not much different from casting a feat or a fetish, except that it requires hours or days or centuries and not mere 5'. Ah, and you use skills like Orlanth Myhts instead of Affinity X or Talent Y to overcome the resistance.

A practice quest requires a (short) story, stations and an active opposition, but it is in the mundane world. Reward is minor.

A standard quest requires crossing to the Other Side. Risk is higher and rewards increase as well.

Ciao,
Gian