Re: Re: Digest Number 2012

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_...>
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2006 08:53:45 -0800

> No, I mean the rules approach (numbers and resistance involved) is
> detailed in a herowars era book. It could even be the herowars
> rulesbook, but I recently borrowed it to a friend and can't check
> myself (nice and original excuse, isn't it?).

Hero *Wars*, 242.

Note that the arming of Orlanth doesn't provide a bonus number in and of itself, it is "attaching" the community support to the Hero for his endeavours. There are similar arming/preparation rituals for all cultures, I'm willing to bet.

Humakt/Humakt's sword is the support of the fighters Turnspear is the support of healers, etc.

So, rather than the bonus point method described in HW, each item is a link back to the community, and is invoked by the hero at the appropriate time (see HQ 196 - Bonus applications). If the hero went through the Arming of Orlanth, then, when he wants to use the +7 bonus provided by the Warriors, he says "I pull the sword Humakt from it's sheath and lay into the dastards that dare block my path" (or some other, similarly purple, prose).

RR
- Richelieu