Re: Arming of Orlanth

From: Labrygon_at_...
Date: Sat, 11 Feb 2006 17:47:33 EST

In a message dated 11/02/2006 11:56:25 PM AUS Eastern Standard Time, HeroQuest-rules_at_yahoogroups.com writes:

> There are similar arming/preparation rituals for all cultures,
> I'm willing to bet.

Other than the Arming of Orlanth, we have the Dara Happan first muster (where Murharzarm gets dressed in a lot of gear, gifts from various cities) - Shirt of Blessing, Coat of Safety, Breastplate oif Protection, Cloak of Power, Helm of Defense, Mace of Authority, Hawk of Jarsen, Spear of Domination, Tall Bird of Power,

I am surprised he doesn't have a "Knitted Jumper from Grandma" or "Festive Socks from Mother in Law".

The reward for this ritual is suitably Dara Happan - not personal power, but allies that come to fight for you.

I guess the Beast Quest of Waha, where he gains a superior riding beast, is close for Praxians - but there is almost certainly a more elaborate Storm Bull ritual for facing the Devil.

Keith