Turning ceremonies into heroquests?

From: light_castle_at_...
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2006 1:47:29 -0500

On Wednesday 15 February 2006 11:25 am, Greg Stafford wrote:

> > But the line between "rote, by the numbers ritual" and "big risky
> > powerful ritual" is blurry and gradual, not like the sharp lines between
> > "practice quest" and "hero-plane quest" and "godworld quest".
>
> Correct.

Wait, those are sharp lines? I was under the impression that the line between a practice quest and a hero=plane quest is kind of blurry. You can think you are just setting up a practice quest, but since that does sort of weakspot the world anyway, you could slide over into an actual heroplane quest. In fact, isn't the whole "The Knight wanders off and has weird adventures" in the Western canon something like that?

LC