Differentiating types of HQ

From: Greg Stafford <Greg_at_...>
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2006 07:44:50 -0800

> From: <light_castle_at_...>

asks for clarification on the different types of quest

>> > But the line between "rote, by the numbers ritual" and "big risky
>> > powerful ritual" is blurry and gradual, not like the sharp lines between
>> > "practice quest" and "hero-plane quest" and "godworld quest".
>>
>> Correct.
>
> Wait, those are sharp lines? I was under the impression that the line between
> a practice quest and a hero=plane quest is kind of blurry. You can think you
> are just setting up a practice quest, but since that does sort of weakspot
> the world anyway, you could slide over into an actual heroplane quest.

I'd say they are sharp lines, but that they occasionally cross over into each other. Not quite the same thing in my book.

> In
> fact, isn't the whole "The Knight wanders off and has weird adventures" in
> the Western canon something like that?

Well, I'd suggest that those are more like finding a hole in the world or an overlap of them, a portal or gateway that allows one to slip between the worlds.

Glorantha has those too, of course, and as the HeroWars progress the fabric of reality will create even more.

And they exist, but since so many have beendiscovered they are recognized as holy places, often with temples there.

Sincerely,
Greg Stafford

Issaries, Inc.
2140 Shattuck Ave., PMB #2030