Re: stationary quest

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2006 23:54:28 +0000 (GMT)

> > Didn't we once get told that you can only leave
> the
> > HeroPlane at the same physical point where you
> entered
> > it (since you left your body there)?
>
> That would be true for a Practice Quester, but I (at
> least) was writing
> about a full HQer, who DOES physically cross into
> the Hero Plane (at
> least according to Greg's latest pertinent message).

Which I can't now find... I can't even remember which list it was on. I remember him saying that Practice quest you stay this side, HeroPlane level you cross over, but I don't remember any suggestion that your physical body crosses over. Somewhere we have a description of a "normal" quest (whatever that means!) where the participants send their souls (*) travelling and their bodies stay behind, apparently asleep, and one hopes, well guarded.

(*) A place where we lack vocabulary. I mean of course "soul, spirit, essence, or other equivalent thing in whatever magic system they use". In normal English "soul" and "spirit" would be synonymous - HQ terminology gives these distinct meanings, but fails to provide a generic word.

> Except that the ceremony merges the Other Side with
> this area, so he
> can attack in an area that was mundane before the
> start of the ceremony.

Sure - but it isn't mundane now.

> OTOH, I doubt that he can then run from the throne
> room, raid the
> treasury, have a drink at the Boldhome Geo's, and
> take the Dragonewt
> Road back to Dagori Inkarth, unless his body HAD
> crossed over, as well.

Which is rather a shame!