Re: Fighting with ghosts

From: Ashley Munday <aescleal_at_...>
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2006 16:52:58 +0000 (GMT)

Hi,

Just another idea if the players are stuck up a blind alley - suggest that their characters might know some myth that covers the situation. Let them make it up as they go along. FREX If you have an Initiate of Destor kicking about it could go:

"They're ghosts of Rock Lizards... hey, Vanganth would've met Rock Lizards at some time and he's a subcult of the same aspect of Orlanth as Destor."

So, the player makes up a quicky story about Vanganth defending his dinner from Rock Lizards in the Lesser Darkness by weeing on them. You give GM's approval and voila, instant feat of "Repel Rock Lizard" improvised at -20 from "Worship Destor" or an appropriate affinity.

They can then wheel out the hero points and see off the Ghosts. Either that or the character ends up looking rather daft, chopper in hand facing down three angry ghosts. Probably wishing he'd had more to drink at lunchtime as well.

So, let the players make up any old
cobblers^h^h^h^h^h^h^h^hmythology, provided it's consistent (ish) and fun.

Cheers,

Ash