Re: Digest Number 2023

From: Brian Curley <bkcurley_at_...>
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2006 10:06:45 -0600

On Wed, 2006-02-22 at 08:03 +0000, HeroQuest-rules_at_yahoogroups.com wrote:
> From: "Rob" <robert_m_davis_at_...>
> Subject: Re: Leadership Diagrams
>
> wrote:
> >
> > I admit to being a bit vexed and perplexed by the leadership
> diagrams
> > used in HQ products. I could never seem to understand how ....
>
> Forget all that - make it up as you go. My trick is 'where would the
> ability I want them to use roughly be at and +20, compare to players
> target number and add a few or take a few away to taste. Lovely.
>
> Its really an intuitive quantification of where the character
> (Darsten) sits in society and how difficult I want the challenge to
> be, with due consideration to what the actual numbers are, roughly.
> You get the hang of it suprisingly quickly as well!
>
> Regards
> Rob

Uh... that's all well and good, but if I wanted to "make it all up as you go," why on earth would I ever buy a scenario or rulebook?

There are numbers presented on Darsten's leadership diagram. I presume they were arrived at through a rational, and more importanly CONSISTENT, set of rules or guidelines. I'd just like to know that I've interpreted the numbers correctly.

Brian