Re: Magic vrs Psyshology

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2006 20:23:19 +0000 (GMT)

> Remember that when cast on a magical being (humans
> count as such, being able
> to use magic & all), magic only rarely takes the
> default 14 resistance.

Oh? I thought the rules on healing at least were quite specific? I remember being shocked by them when someone pointed them out. P 81, bottom RH corner. Mundane healing, resistances from 14 for a hurt to 20W for dying. Magical healing, 14 for all. Assuming you've got the right feat of course!

> Even
> if you *want* the magic to happen, it would besisted
> by "Overweight" at whatever rate you assign it.

I *thought* my "Overweight" was mundane?

> Plus, it might be a demon/spirit of obesity
> that you're fighting, which would defend with it's
> own ability rating.

now that could explain a lot - no, wrong universe, no excuse :(