Re: Re: The Stationary Lightbringers Quest

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2006 20:27:23 +0000 (GMT)

> > We know there is no miraculous method of losing
> weight
> > in *this* world (there not being any overt(*)
> magic
> > could explain it!). But in Glorantha, there is
> overt
> > magic, and how many overweight characters do you
> know
> > of? Euglyptus, and some Maran Gor priestess.
>
> There might be plenty. In many cultures, being what
> we consider
> overweight is considered attractive. It shows you
> are wealthy, well-
> fed and that you don't have to do manual labor.
>
> Jeff

All true - maybe I just need to move culture :)

Good point, though. I have vague memories of Celtic warriors being fined if they got overweight, but they're only vague, and of course Orlanthi aren't a direct analogue anyway. Sounds as if that Maran Gor priestess thinks it's attractive (er, at least, it's something she does by choice, not sure "attractive" is the word I want here?).