Re: ON being overweight

From: Bryan <bethexton_at_...>
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2006 23:19:50 -0000

But when it comes to non-warriors, it could be different. Sure most Orlanthi are unimpressed by tradesmen who are not in the fyrd, but some of them may take pride in their status and flaunt it by their girth.

And again, when it comes to the non-warrior women, I don't see any reason why it would be considered a disadvantage. In a lot of cultures it was a sign of family wealth for the wife to be plump. While Ernalda the healer initiates might tend to be slender--due to youth as much as vocation--I can imagine that Ernalda the Mother followers, for example, would not be so inclined.

Just speculating, of course.

--Bryan