Leadership Diagrans Redux

From: Brian Curley <bkcurley_at_...>
Date: Fri, 03 Mar 2006 09:37:53 -0600

I am reposting my message from last week since I didn't receive an authoritative answer. I know there are people on this list who can answer this authoritatively as they wrote, helped write, or playtested the rules. And I'd really like some advice about the questions posed in the second to last paragraph.

Thanks!

I admit to being a bit vexed and perplexed by the leadership diagrams used in HQ products. I could never seem to understand how the final ability scores were arrived at and how the AP totals were calculated. I think I cracked it today, so can someone check me on this:

Using Darsten TurnStorm in GT (pg. 17):

The Contest Synopsis says:
Close Combat (Darsten riding Thunder Addi) 8w3

Here's how I think this number is arrived at.

Since Darsten is a Devotee of Doburdun he can use his feats as active abilities, so he begins with that:

6w2 Thunder Addi feat
+6 Iron Ringmail
+4 Sacred Thunderstick
+5 Lashing Winds feat (Auto. Aug.)
+3 Addi Fighting (Auto. Aug.)
+4 Throw Addi (Auto. Aug.)

8w3 Final Ability Score

Is that correct? I got the right score but I have no idea if that's the ways it's supposed to be arrived at.

And the 172 APs indicated... BA indicates that Darsten and his followers should be treated as a single entity with their APs added together. How do you then use this to simulate when Darsten and his crew fight a group of heroes? Do they only get one action while the heroes get one each? Do you use the rules for attacking multiple opponents? Or should the GM insist that the heroes also be treated as a single entity?

Inquiring minds want to know.

Brian Curley