Re: Re: simple contest outcomes file

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_...>
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2006 10:04:12 -0800

If you can run PERL on your machine, I've got a pair of programs I wrote for Extended and Simple contests (the extended contest is only a single round roll - it doesn't keep information from roll to roll, but it's fine for my PBeM game, where things only happen at a (currently glacially) slow rate.

RR
- Richelieu

> On Tuesday 07 March 2006 10:05 am, Tim Ellis wrote:
> > It looks like it uses multiple worksheets, maybe Open Office doesn't
> > handle those (and references between them) in the way that Excel
> > expects....
>
> There has to be something different going on here, true.
>
> > If you don't see worksheets called "Die Result Comparison"
> > and "Tables" then that's your problem
>
> Nope, those are all there.
>
> > If you can then it looks like one or more of the functions used are
> > not supported in Open Office. It looks like it uses COUNTIF(),
> > INDIRECT() and ADDRESS() to reference other parts of the spreadsheet,
> > so you could look and see if those all exist...
>
> A quick look at the help file shows all 3 commands are present and
accounted
> for. I suspect there must be a difference in syntax somewhere. That's a
bit
> disappointing. I am nowhere near enough of a spreadsheet maven to tease
that
> out. I suppose I will have to just grab the file on a thumb drive and walk
it
> over to a friend who has excel on their machine.
>
> Thanks,
> LC

HeroQuest-rules-unsubscribe_at_...