Re: Re: Differing Approaches to Augmentation in Simple and Extended Contests

From: Ashley Munday <aescleal_at_...>
Date: Sat, 18 Mar 2006 14:18:30 +0000 (GMT)

Nothing wrong with large doses of augments - just make sure the player narrates how the character uses them. If it's that important to the player that he or she is wheeling that many out you might want to use an extended contest.

Using an extended contest provides a better framework for narration in that you can use unrelated actions to apply augments. It gives the player some choice of buff up now or try and go in for the big finish early.

Cheers,

Ash