Acquiring abilities by HeroQuest Challenge

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2006 07:03:26 -0000

Can I just check how this is supposed to work? You wager one of your abilities against one of your opponent's, right? If you win, you get their entire ability, to keep, and can use it just as they did. If you lose, you lose your entire ability.

Does "ability" include magical abilities, such as feats? Affinities, even?

So an experienced HQer could have Feats from all sorts of other (enemy) cults, to use just as effectively as they could have done?

And when can you do this - at fixed points in a HQ? Can you sort of add in a HQ challenge to an existing station in a HQ? It says I simply fight the monster here, but actually I wager my "run fast" against his "fiery breath" as the outcome?