Re: Acquiring abilities by HeroQuest Challenge

From: parental_unit_2 <parental_unit_2_at_...>
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2006 19:03:14 -0000

 "And Zorak Zoran faced Yelmalio and stole his Fire" or whatever.
> You don't get to make every part of a HQ into a HQ Challenge. Most
quests
> with HQ challenges only have one challenge.

Just to confirm: It's possible to have a heroquest that has _no_ Heroquest Challenge, correct?

In that case, as I understand it, the benefit of the heroquest is a new ability with a rating determined by the resistance at the Critical Station. The rating is some fraction of the resistance, a low fraction (e.g. 1/10) if the ability is permanent versus a high fraction (e.g. 1/4) if the ability is a temporary bonus.