Re: Healers in Swenstown

From: Ian Cooper <ian_hammond_cooper_at_...>
Date: Mon, 1 May 2006 11:50:08 +0000 (GMT)

>> Any suggestions on what an appropriate modifier might
>> be, in any of these circumstances?

>It's an Improv mod, so -5 by default, unless you think it should be
>different.

For clarity.

IIRC you can't improvise from a feat, it 'does what is says on the can'. You can only improv from an affinity, which has the normal -5 for concentrated, -10 for non-concentrated. AFAIK improvisation doesn't give you the 14 TN, just an active ability, so in this case you use the normal resistance of the injury to healing.

Having the right feat makes a significant difference to the chances of healing someone.

I would argue that healing using a specific feat or improvised feat is fairly quick. The difficulty is finding someone who has the feat (esp, if you go with the about 2% of population are devotees number) or the size of the resistance to improvisation. It is compounded by the fact that you don't get to use multiple magical attempts. Sure the clan may have a healer who can fix that injury, but if they are an hour's ride away and you need help now, you may be in trouble.