RE: Enhancement/augmentation

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_...>
Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2000 01:13:08 +0100 (BST)

Jonas Schiött:
> To emphasize what I'm saying here, in the example Jean-Christophe gives
> (17 vs. 5) the probability of a marginal defeat or worse is 32.5%. My
> suggestion was that it should take a _minor_ defeat or worse to get a
> penalty, the chance of which is a relatively palatable 11.5%.

Makes excellent sense to me. The whole idea of the penalty seems a little hokey to me, in fact: it just encourages players to be even more conservative in their augments than would otherwise be the case, it doesn't really deter 'frivolous' or continual use, once you have a decent chance of getting the +1, at least.

Cheers,
Alex.