Re: Enhancement/augmentation

From: David Cake <dave_at_...>
Date: Wed, 31 May 2000 20:17:34 -0400

> > As a basic rule, I would give my players automatic success on
>an
>> augmentation which is same level or lower than their mastery, ie:
>> Strength at (x)w1 gives an automatic +1 augmentation if asked
>> Strength at (x)w2 gives an automatic +2 augmentation if asked
> > Strength at (x)w3 gives an automatic +3 augmentation if asked

        Perhaps when they have a level of mastery advantage over the resistance? Does this sound right? So this would be ability/5 - 4 bonus granted.

        Ie if you have strength 5w1, that gives you 5-4 =1. This would be a roll of 5w1 vs 5. If you have a strength of 5w3, that is effectively 13-4 = 9. To get a bonus of 9, you would roll against a resistance of 45, which becomes 5w2, which after cancelling mastery becomes 5w1 vs 5 again.

        (this is for ability bonuses - double the bonus granted to get the edge granted.

        Of course, the narrator always gets to force a roll for important scenes, and the player can always force a roll by going for a higher advantage etc. The narrator can always just say 'nope, that doesn't apply here', or declare that this time it has a big improvisation bonus ('you can't properly use your strength while hanging from a rope' etc).

	Cheers
		David