Re: Re: Enhancement/augmentation; the Hero Wars; etc.

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_...>
Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2000 01:43:10 +0100 (BST)

Timothy Byrd on my dodgy cgi odds-calculator:
> I took a peek and I have a couple questions:
>
> 1) What is the "Variant bump-up"?

That was my 'fix' for an oddity I mentioned in another post today: if you have skill 16W, and roll an 18, then instead of bumping up 'failure, 18' to 'success, 18', it becomes success, 2' (i.e., the amount you 'missed' by).

> 2) For "Expected AP outcome" what level of bids are you using?
> ((0.5*AP) -1) ?

The results are presented per 1AP staked. So "AP change for A, per 1AP stake: 0.450" means that if the stake was 10, the average net gain is 4.5 to 'Contestant A'. (From gains and transfers. Incidentally, it uses 'both gain 1x' for crit/crit results. Should this vary from what the rules say, clearly it must be the book that is in error. <g>)

Cheers,
Alex.