Re: Resistance to the Opening

From: David Dunham <david_at_...>
Date: Mon, 15 May 2006 18:04:30 -0700

Jakob

>As I understood the HeroQuest rules, a roll is meant to be your overall
>attempt at something - no rolling until you succeed at a task. The analogy
>for waiting for a wind would be rolling a marginal success or something:
>"After several weeks of trying, you finally get the Openning to work, and
>off to sea with you."

I suppose it depends on your narration style. I think that unless it's dramatically important that you get stuck, that the attempt be interpreted as <Open the Seas Today>, and marginal failures result in "After a day, the sea monster disappears from the horizon, and the Opener deems it safe to sail." Marginal success might be "It takes until sunset, but finally the Opener deemsit safe to sail."

--

David Dunham