The Freeforms - A news update

From: simonbrayuk_at_...
Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2006 08:40:23 EDT

Hi All,

 Okay here is the latest information on the Freeforms.

 Rising Tsar
 I believe that this game in now full and cast. I also understand that costuming is taking place amongst the Citadels, make sure you can live up to it. Lets make this a truelly stunning looking event. Whilst Mark hasn't asked me to do this, could anyone who has anything with a Russian theme, both ancient and new Russia, bring it along to the con for set dressing? We have two Russian themed events, one being the release party for Mythic Russia and the other being Rising Tsar. Posters, fabrics, somovars, 1:1 scale model of St. Basil's, all would be great.

 Griffin Mountain
This game has 37 sign ups to date, it can play with this many players (as it did in Germany) however the game was intended for another 8 Players, which would greatly alter the whole dynamics of the game. So come on, put the writers  to the test and make them run the whole 45 player game. In a similar way to above, does anyone have a gazebo or similar they are willing to bring along? We need three of them to represent the citadels at Highgrove. Also we are looking for either Lunar or Barbarian chic props to give this game a better feel. I also have a huge urge to make several props (city walls, griffin mountain out of papier mache) that sort of thing, is anyone up for a little artistic DIY? I would love to make this gam look great. Highgrove is pretty, but after running this event in a German Castle it will look drab unless we make an effort.

Unification Day
 This even still needs another 14 players to make it work. If they do not appear then the event will have to be postponed. It was a huge success in Germany, a nice short and fun game, fuelled by enthusiasm. Ed McDonald has offered to make this a Champagne Party (remember Ed??) so it could be even more fun and would make an excellent Ice Breaker. Again I am looking for Chinese/Wild West/Sci-Fi props to make this look great.

Presenting - A Night at the Opera by Sandy Petersen. Our celebrated guest Sandy Petersen is going to run his 12 player epic, set in the beating heart of modern theatre. A master piece of comedy, horror and suspense, it was hugely popular in Germany and will appeal to both freeformers  and Petersen fans. We are unning this event twice, it is a fund raiser for the convention. Please sign up as soon as possible.

Steve Hatherley's Game
Our old friend Steve is planning to run an as yet unamed game. Once we have more details we will let you know.

Pirates of the Black Capybara.
This event is now cancelled.

Many Thanks

Simon