Re: Age Old Question on Feats and Affinity Augments

From: Trotsky <TTrotsky_at_...>
Date: Sun, 16 Jul 2006 12:21:19 +0100

Benedict:

> > Having said which, it is, of course, the case that becoming a
> devotee in
> > HQ is by no means a pre-requisite for being powerful, in the way that
> > Rune Level was in RQ. Kallyr herself is one of the initiates, after
> all.
>
> It is difficult for Devotees to become Heortling political leaders,
> because doing so requires initiation to a leadership sub cult. A Devotee
> who also initiates to the sub cult has little time left for leadership.

Unless one devotes to, say, Dar, this is generally true, yes. But, that only reinforces my original point that the powerful characters in Sartar Rising are not 'mainly initiates'. If one discounts Kallyr and Broyan, then only two of the six rebellion leaders are Initiates. And, looking at all characters in SR important enough to get leader sheets, the preponderance of Devotees is greater still (16 out of 25). Using SR as your guide, it would seem that, while being a Devotee isn't essential to becoming a Heortling hero (e.g. Minaryth, Orstalor, and the aforementioned political leaders), it is more common than not.

Most Heortlings, of course, aren't heroes :)

--
Trotsky
Gamer and Skeptic