Re: Leadership Magic

From: Charles Corrigan <charles_at_...>
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2006 16:08:19 -0000

In "The Making of the Storm Tribe" (from King of Dragon Pass and Myth of the Month in January 2001), we learn that many of the Thunder Brothers and others in the Orlanth and Ernalda pantheon led clans, including Lankhor Mhy/the Knowing God (Marks on Barks clan) and Issaries/the Talking God (Travelling clan). Practically every reputable member of the pantheon and many less than reputable will have a myth where they are in a position of authority.

On a more mundane level, the Clan Chief aka "he who stands among us" is not that big a deal. He is the elected leader of between 700 and 1500 people that "mostly" consider themselves kin.

I find it more dificult to think of a Tribal King aka "the man that stands before us", who may lead 5,000 to 30,000 people, many of whom are at some level of feud, without some heavy duty leadership magic...

regards,
Charles