Re: Age Old Question on Feats and Affinity Augments

From: Trotsky <TTrotsky_at_...>
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2006 19:36:48 +0100

Roderick:

> Well, there is "powerful" and "powerful" of course. The Devortees all lead
> warbands (some of which are large enough to have counters in WBRM/DP). The
> two initiates that you dismiss are political leaders, leading entire
> nations
> (well, as much as Orlanthis can be said to be nations...).

It wasn't me (or anyone, really) that 'dismissed' them - it was just pointed out that there are good reasons why they aren't devotees and most of the others are. The question was, whether or not the majority of the rebellion's leaders (and similar heroes) are initiates; the answer is 'no'. I'm not claiming at all that the initiates are 'less powerful' than the devotees, just that, at the highest levels of organisation (insofar as the Rebellion has such a thing), they are less *numerous* than the devotees. I don't think anyone would dispute that Kallyr, for instance, is a heroic Heortling figure and not really someone you'd want to mess with.

Actually, she's not someone you'd particularly want to be friends with, either, given her track record...

--
Trotsky
Gamer and Skeptic