Re: Starting a new website - Issaries fan policy a problem?

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2006 07:35:39 +0100 (BST)

> I think the FPP *did* slow things down, but not
> because of the policy
> itself, but because of the uproar and bad feelings
> it caused.

And also because it was so unclear what it *did* say. All of the questions raised here were valid ones, and at one point at least, certain types of material *did* have to be vetted before being released (in fact, I thought they still did). Later
interpretation/translation helped, but the original, read as if it was English (which apparently it wasn't), tied everything down to the point of unusability.

I gather there are still serious problems with the sites that publish materials from a large number of authors - the site owner has to contact each author and get their individual agreement to the FPP. How? Some of them haven't been seen for years, even if said site owner had the time to do it.

An interesting question, though: how does the new agreement with Moon Design alter the FPP? And if it does, do those of us who signed the old version now need to think about an updated version?