Re: Starting a new website - Issaries fan policy a problem?

From: Ian Cooper <ian_hammond_cooper_at_...>
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2006 15:18:38 +0000 (GMT)

>>Would I be correct in thinking that the lack of any published Gloranthan material whatsoever - fanzine, UW (pdf or no), or official - over the past year or two (when was Men of the Sea?) is all tied into the fan policy issue also? <<

I released Red Cow PDF after the FPP, and that was a lot of fan material - more than a fanzine or UW publication.

http://iancooper.brinkster.net/glorantha/sartar/redcow/redcow.html

Because I wanted to add a downloadable PDF I opted for a formal licence - you will note that Red Cow carries the Boldhome Press logo. So it can be said that I didn't even opt for the simplest possible licence when I applied.

The process was pain-free. Turn around takes a little time - about a month in my case - but I expected that. It may be much shorter for a website. Plan accordingly.

I don't re-request for updating the site. I don't need to re-request for fixing errors in the PDF. If I wanted to add significant new content I would then apply.

I don't have any concerns about how my IP is being handled and I will be happy to follow the process again

IIRC somebody else has released under the Boldhome Press logo since I have. I think they claimed they were the first, but who is keeping score ;-)

HTH,   Ian Cooper