Re: powerful augments

From: Rob <robert_m_davis_at_...>
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2006 21:44:56 -0000

> > Rant over! :^)
> >
> > Regards
> > Rob
> >
> Hmm... Feeling better now?

Hey Phillipe, no rancor here dude! Just venting a little. In my game I maintain the 'low level' heroic feel, and still allow straight ability tests. Also, I came straight to HQ. A Heortling clan champion can be in a range 10W to 10W2. Thus the begining character can be not far offthebig time(relative) in my game. The 10W2 guy would really be a tribal level champion in my game. However, look at the hero's book, Page 9 - Ability Ratings. I suggest that this is fundementally broken, instantly relegating all begining characters to the level of a begining RQ character. This is what fuels the escalation, IMO.

You have found that, a fully detailed player character that is in the 3 mastery range can pull together a target numberwith some prep and support.

I never got that farbut I imagine I would invoke somesort of capping mechanism at the top end. Something like 20W3 is the highest a human can get. I mean, how tough do you need to be?

But of course, thats all my own opinion and I shall nae whisper another word!

The very best a warm regards
Rob (The BFG)