RE: Re: My AP problems

From: Richard Develyn <Richard.Develyn_at_...>
Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2000 14:44:35 +0100

From: Hannu Kokko [mailto:Hannu.Kokko_at_...]

>Well, in real life the first actor might actually have an advantage. For
>example if I remember correctly a French Duke was assassinated so that a
>first actor kept holding on to his sword hand while others were hacking him
>after that. The Duke had to resort using whatever puny thing he had on the
>other hand and was so fatally distracted and at disadvantage. He gave a
good
>fight, though.

This simply couldn't happen in HW without some special dispensation of the rules. You can't disarm the Duke unless you reduce his AP down to 0 (or unless you allow an independant simple contest from one of the assailants). Once his AP are at 0, he's dead (never mind disarmed). Until his AP is 0 he can carry on using his sword.

>First actor might actually also in real life try to gain an advantage
>against the second actor just so, unfairly but not unrealistically :-( I
>like this method. It is tactics...

You don't get *that* much of an advantage. If I try to 'sleep' a great troll and fail, the great troll is still forced to use APs based on whatever he tried to resist the sleep with, despite having some massive combat ability. And all just because I was "first actor".

Richard