Re: Scale Issues

From: Ashley Munday <aescleal_at_...>
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2006 09:02:12 +0100 (BST)

Hi Phillipe,

You said and asked:

"Ah, sorry: they got 'HP' which were really XP, just
to grow. And they got one HP to bump at the beginning of eahc session. Their bumping pool was in the 3-10 range, most of the time. Th really was a resource to manage. Does someone do the same separation between bumps-HP and XP-HP?"

I felt the urge when I first started playing HW, but curbed it to see what happened if I kept a unified pool. I found that it added a new dimension to contests and character growth - the trade off between instant gratification and long term character development.

"Do you advise us to go back to the HQ rules?"

I would - the tension between the two is pretty handy for keeping the players focussed on where they want their characters to be. It means that you can play a fairly farty initiate and still do the odd really over the top thing, representing those days the universe is right behind you.

Cheers,

Ash