Re: Shamans : from HW to HQ

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2006 12:19:44 +0100 (BST)

> > The way I use it as a player is that those spirits
> > are
> > *friends*. My PC chats to them, mentally. If
> they're
> > not there in their fetishes, she misses them,....

> It doesn't have to be window dressing - just start a
> new ability "misses absent spirits" and watch the
> opportunities roll in.

Why bother with a new ability? It's the relationship to the spirit, just used in a slightly different way. If the spirit's there, you use it to persuade them to do things. If it's not, that's how much you miss it. If someone's threatening harm to your friend (who happens to be a spirit), that's your augment on anything you do to stop them.

It's just another relationship with another person - use it as such!

> In fact you could (should?) go so far as saying
> "There's no such thing as window dressing in HQ - it
> can all be quantified."

You're probably right. And I think you can also say that anything that's been quantified *should* have windows dressing applied before use.