Re: Shamans : from HW to HQ

From: Ashley Munday <aescleal_at_...>
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2006 12:54:06 +0100 (BST)

Hi Jane,

I'd personally go for a more explicit description of the ability than "friend to ..." the spirit. This might be 'cause I'm shallow and don't miss my friends much when they're not around and we seem to be able to pick up again where we left off 10 years previously as if nothing's happened.

On a related note, I tend to use relationships to describe how A influences B and another ability to describe how B influences A. This makes it a lot easier to model asymetric relationships - just because I can call on B to do my dirty work doesn't mean B can call on me.

I'm also in favour of binning the concept of relationships being different from other abilities, but that's a different story.

Cheers,

Ash