Re: Relationships

From: Philippe Sigaud <sigaud_at_...>
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2006 17:10:55 +0200

Selon Ashley Munday <aescleal_at_...>:

> They provide augments using that daft community
> support chart for one thing. For example I go on a
> Heroquest and instead of adding up all my "supported
> by" relationships bonuses I have look up on the table
> to see who's supporting me, in what role and then get
> an augment.

Yes, that's right, mostly they are used to get other bonus or to get access to other persons' abilities: spirits, followers...

And I agree that the community chart, while better that the one in HW, is not perfect. I'd prefer something more fluid, flowing to the bonus given by on person to two, to 10-persons groups, all in a same chart, while taking into account the proficiency of the person.
But I interpret the support chart as just that: the bonus they give you when you go Heroquesting, by their prayer. They 'do nothing' so to speak, they 'just' pray.

When we had groups giving other bonus (say, a humakti warband going to war with you), we added their 'usual' augment bonus from their Weaponthane abilities _plus_ a community bonus representing their numbers and their dedication to your cause.
Am I (again) far from the official rules?

> Not a big fan. And I don't like the reflexive,
> symetric interpretation most people put on them, but
> again that's another story.

I tought you had to characterize somewhat your relationship: not only 'relation with xxx', but 'loved by xxx' or somesuch. But in this case, it represents only your potential for using these people. Abilities such as 'I love xxx' are not relationships to me, but usual abilities.

Things like 'I love Isolda and she loves me back' are good, because they give you bonus both ways and cost only 1 HP to grow :)

  Philippe