RE: More on augments...

From: Silburn, Luke <luke.silburn_at_...>
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2006 10:26:48 +0100

Ashley:
>>I've been getting a bit hacked off with augments
>>recently. They're too damned fiddly. You've got the
>>never-ending arithmetic as the players narrate what
>>they do, adds all the bits up and come up with a
>>number.

Just a quick practical tip on the fiddly-ness of augments, I find that some form of physical token (some cheapo poker chips are what I use) goes a long way towards cutting down on the mental arithmetic and 'instantiating' the conflict. It also helped my players focus in on contests - when I started flipping chips into the middle of the table then they knew something significant was happening, which was a useful cue for players deeply schooled in 'battlemat play' games.

Regards
Luke