Re: Re: More on augments...

From: Ashley Munday <aescleal_at_...>
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2006 14:55:02 +0100 (BST)

Hi Keith,

I tried your method when you first posted it on the list a while back. It gave simple contests a more extended feel and gave the players a fair number of options they hadn't had before (i.e. being able to tune their margin of failure or victory a bit better).

The problem I had with it was when every conflict ended up as a major event. This is itself isn't a bad thing (if it's not major, don't make it a conflict) but the handling time was a bit too much for me. It would take some change in playing style to use consistently, but I'll give it a try again.

Thanks,

Ash