Re: More on augments...

From: Ashley Munday <aescleal_at_...>
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2006 08:51:18 +0100 (BST)

Hi Doyce,

What I meant by "all or nothing" is that you either use the entirety of an ability or you don't use it at all. There's none of this faffing around with:

"Sod it, you haven't got Y use X at -Z"

"I'm strong as Gonn Orta, er, +10 please to my twat him with big stick."

Or even worse, "I'm as strong as Gonn Orta so can I use that to twat him with a big stick at -20 and then augment with my kosha stick twatting abilty?"

I find Dogs really cool in that there's no arithmetic at the start of the conflict - narrate the abilities you want to use at the start, roll yer bucket of dice and you're away. The one pain in the bum is when you drop the dice on the floor...

Cheers,

Ash

http://www.indie-rpgs.com/forum/index.php?topic=21630.0