Magic of the Lunar Imperial University

From: fbelite <rmaddy_at_...>
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2006 12:42:34 -0000

I got ILH-2, which I like very much, but I'm still trying to digest it. One thing that has always intrigued me is the way the Lunar College of Magic is set up, and ILH-2 has a nice section on how the University is organized. I'm just a little fuzzy on how it works, on a level for PCs/NPCs.

What grimoires do they use? I figure they have a basic grimoire that matches up well with the Abiding Book, and each pathway has a grimoire. Is there a third grimoire? Based on the school perhaps (or is the ony, wizardly difference between the Schools their location?)?  Or maybe one focusing on military magic?

ILH-2 mentions that the Field Schools have access to affinities, spirits, demons, etc. Is that through misapplied worship, or an aspect of concentrating their magic on the Moon? Maybe non-wizard adjuncts?

Thanks!

Richard