Re: Re: Getting injured (etc) multiple times - cumulative wounds

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2006 23:10:40 +0000 (GMT)

> I get what you're saying - but isn't the logical
> conclusion just to
> throw away the whole rules and just come up with a
> narrative which
> everyone thinks is cool? I know I'm reducing it to
> absurdity here, but the point does stand...

Nothing absurd about it - over in Swords, that's more or less what we're doing. We use the rules, sure, sometimes. But if we can come up with a "narrative that everyone thinks is cool", without needing numbers to get in the way, and it really does make dramatic sense and is consistent with what's gone before - well, why not?

This isn't the way everyone would want to play, it clearly isn't the way you want to play. To me, as Narrator, the main rule is "yes, but": the others are there if I need them. And HQ is so beautifully structured and balanced that I can do this!