Re: Re: Getting injured (etc) multiple times - cumulative wounds

From: Ashley Munday <aescleal_at_...>
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2006 10:00:48 +0000 (GMT)

I hate to break this to you, but roleplaying games are pretty arbitrary. Unless you play a game in which the narrative control gets passed around the GM is the final arbiter of everything that happens. Remember their's a difference between being arbitrary where you (try to) decide based on what's best for the game and being capricous (where you just feed your own ego).

With Heroquest you can play ALL the rules and not have to worry about missing something out.

One suggestion:

Ask the player of the penalised character what form they'd like their personal shafting to take. You don't have to agree but the player might come up with an interesting angle and it's sure going to fit the players conception of where they want their character to go.

Cheers,

Ash

=== message truncated ===