Re: Getting injured (etc) multiple times - cumulative wounds

From: Rob <robert_m_davis_at_...>
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2006 12:57:34 -0000

Right, here goes
> CJ replies
>
> Nope, I hit it quite quickly, I think it depends on story
factors. A series
> of events led to damage to a relationship.

Right, I never used relationships in this way, and I am not even sure whether that is how they are meant to be used per the rules.

Can you describe one such event in detail? I might learn something here myself! :^)

> The multiple wounds
> again were a problem when my Humakti party spent some time in an
expedition
> across Pent: they simply did not have access to decent healing
magics, and
> hence it came up very swiftly.

No first aid either? OK. Then the injury level gets stacked up. Thus if they are injured, get defeated again, their injury level gets bumped according to the level of defeat. Haven't got the book here but you get what I mean I suppose.

> Mike and I have both developed variant readings, based upon the
rules. Our
> experience though can hardly be uncommon - and I must say, I have
never
> attempted to play turn based combats in HQ. It goes against the
whole
> spirit of things.

We are on the same page here, but folk do play it like that, and enjoy it too, or so I am told!

Regards
Rob