Re: Getting injured (etc) multiple times - cumulative wounds

From: neil_wimp <neil_at_...>
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2006 22:34:57 -0000

> >Thus
> >if they are injured, get defeated again, their injury level gets
> >bumped according to the level of defeat. Haven't got the book
here
> >but you get what I mean I suppose.
>
> OK, I've officially lost my HQ MRB. I had it less than two days
ago, and
> can't find it in my house now. Tried to look all this stuff up,
but
> couldn't.

The HQ rulebook (pp. 74-5) says heroes have six states of health (healthy, hurt, impaired, injured, dying, and dead). If a hero is in a particular state of health, they are affected by the appropriate penalty. The rules make an explicit exception for 'hurt' by saying that a hero can have multiple -1 penalties for multiple hurts.

My reading of the rules is that, except for hurts, injury penalties don't stack. If you're at the Injured state of health, you get -50% to all abilities. That's it. If you suffer two or more major defeats, you still count as Injured and you have the penalty that goes with that state of health (i.e. a flat 50%). Hurts are explicitly mentioned as the exception to the rule, in that penalties from hurts are applied after the penalties for impairments and injuries.

If people decide to do something different, that's fine. But what's above is what the rulebook says.

Neil.