RE: Re: Using Practise Spirits to attack

From: Mike Holmes <mike_c_holmes_at_...>
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2006 11:20:54 -0600

>From: Brian Curley <bkcurley_at_...>
>
>I like Greg. Greg's a friend of mine. But in this regard, who gives a
>flying fig what "Greg's vision" of Glorantha is?

Me. Perhaps ironically, since I don't usually run in Glorantha. But if I didn't care how Greg runs a game, or thinks it should be run, then I guess I wouldn't be playing HQ, now would I?

>And I don't think the
>rules "intend" for anything other than whatever the narrator wants in
>*her/his* Glorantha. If it makes the game more fun, then so be it.

Yeah, MGF and YGWV and all that. But, interestinly the rules are very specific about certain things. Like they say that you get a penalty if you sacrifice to a spirit as opposed to ecstatically worshipping it.

I don't like or agree with everything that Greg has encoded into the books. But I am interested in figuring out what they are, because, hey, there just might be some wisdom buried in there somewhere. So forgive me for probing regarding these sorts of questions.

Mike

All-in-one security and maintenance for your PC.� Get a free 90-day trial! http://clk.atdmt.com/MSN/go/msnnkwlo0050000002msn/direct/01/?href=http://clk.atdmt.com/MSN/go/msnnkwlo0050000001msn/direct/01/?href=http://www.windowsonecare.com/?sc_cid=msn_hotmail