Re: Cumulative wounds a rules variant

From: Jamie <anti.spam_at_...>
Date: Fri, 24 Nov 2006 11:12:15 -0000

> I'm not sure what you're refering to.... <snip>

Sorry if this seems evasive but I don't think the analysis of the "healing table" rules variant is getting me anywhere, and as its not my favoured choice at the moment I wish to make only two points about it, and move on.

My variant only really differs from the rules by:

  1. Insisting that the modifier is applied to the contest as a whole, and not to the individual skill.
  2. Forcing all recovery attempts to be framed as a specific healing contest, WITH another active goal in parallel.

At present I prefer the other method that I have put forward, which is to apply single negatives as appropriate to the current contest, and if the contest is compatible with the goal, the output modifiers replace the input modifiers. Maintaining direct healing as a contest in its own right, thereby presenting a choice.

I got so twisted in trying to present both, that I ended up mixing them in my answers earlier, and so I think I will just leave the variant to one side, to live or die on its own.

See my other post for reasons why I don't like stacking as much, which itself has somehow ended up under the "variant" header by convolution and my inability to juggle both balls.