Re: Fortress' Defenses in game rules

From: Andrew Solovay <asolovay_at_...>
Date: Thu, 07 Dec 2006 19:38:29 -0000

> Although I am not sure about what it is going to happen (in fact,
> this story have not yet began) and I do not know what type of contest
> I am going to use, I would like to know your ideas about the defenses
> of the fortress. I'm specially interested about how to reflect them
> in game rules: bonus & penalties, edges & handicaps, tactics, etc.

One idea, off the top of my head--treat it as a single, extended contest. On one side, "Carmanian heroes". On the other side, "Defended fortress". That is, instead of treating the enemy as "Pelandan rebels, augmented by the fortress", treat the fortress itself as the enemy. (So, for example, a "wound" to the fortress might mean "one of the defenders was killed".)

Would that work?