100-words, catchphrases

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2006 08:42:46 +0000 (GMT)

Me:
> > (put pen down all disappointed.) You've met me
> before,
> > haven't you? :)

LC:

> OK, *I* am intrigued by it. Can you get a 100 word
> narrative chock full of
> evocative abilities like Ashley suggested?

> And that's the problem, I don't see catch phrases > working well out of a narrative.

Thinking about this.... usually a 100-word narrative is third-person OOC description. Let's break away from that. We're roleplayers! I've seen a great one done as pseudo-Beowulf verse, but my poetry's lousy...

Of course, if a catchphrase contains too many words, we lose out. But let's try. Keywords first. There is the problem that I'm lousy at personal names, too, so I'll just *** them. Let's have a completely OTT Humakti, just for a change.

"You think ***, Sword of Humakt, will surrender to
moon-addled Lunar scum? Never! Trust me, trust *** the ever-sharp, I'll get us out of this." He towers above his Lismelder comrades, impossibly good looks silhouetted against the red sky. "You! Do you know what it is you face? Today is a good day to die." He avoids an attack contemptuously, his grip crushes the man's skull and he hurls the body at his foes. "Go back while you still can."

That's 83 words so far.

Occupation keyword: warrior
Magical keyword: Humakt (devotee)
Cultural: Lismelder tribe

"never surrender"
"Moonaddled Lunar scum!"
"Never!"
"Trust me..."
"** the ever-sharp" (magical sword)
"I'll get us out of this"

Towers above comrades (aka "tall", or are they midgets?)
Followers: Lismelder comrades
Impossibly good looks
Poser (from that "silhouetted" bit)
"Do you know what it is you face?"
"Today is a good day to die."

avoids attacks contemptuously
"grip crushes a man's skull" (aka "strong")
hurl body at foes

16 abilities plus the keywords, so far. Not all are perhaps as evocative as we'd like, but there's more than 10 of them.

17 words left to give him some weirdness and a bit more OTT magical equipment.

"The Bag of Holding at his feet shifts, half-written
poetry spills forth, as his pet rattlesnake stirs."

"Bag of Holding"

Writes poetry
Follower: Pet rattlesnake

Did I miss out anything vital?